Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Essie Suite Retreat - Essie Resort 2015

Essie has recently released their annual Resort collection which consists of 4 new shades for the Spring. Check out a description of each polish after the jump!

Time For Me Time is a sheer pearlescent with pinky/purple shimmer. This polish was very sheer and needed at least 3 coats which still showed some visible nail line. I used 4-5 coats here which is a ridiculous amount. This is a pretty color but nothing is very unique about it.

Stones N' Roses is a salmon/pinky/peach creme. Again it's not very unique but a nice shade. The formula was great and almost opaque in just one coat. I have plenty of colors like this already in my collection so I doubt I'll be reaching for it anytime soon.

Cocoa Karma is a brown creme. I have the same feelings on this one as I do about Stones N' Roses, great formula but nothing really unique. It's a great neutral shade for the office. I used two coats here.

Lastly is the namesake of the collection, Suite Retreat. It's a purple/blue creme that is opaque in one coat. This is the color that made me want to give this collection a try. Sadly it didn't meet up to my expectations. The formula was great but again not unique. This is almost a dupe for Essie's Chills and Thrills from the past summer collection. Had I realized this before purchasing I would have passed on this collection.

Overall I am pretty impressed with Essie over their huge comeback with their formulas. However this collection left me wanting more. I wish they were a bit more creative and bold with the colors. I purchased the collection from transdesign.com however I've seen it at Ulta Beauty this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment