Monday, October 27, 2014

Zoya Wishes - Holiday 2014

I'm in a great mood today so I'm sharing another post with you all. Today is my 5 year anniversary with my amazing husband. We had a dinner at our house yesterday with our immediate family and today we just kicked back and had a lazy day.

Friday I received my Zoya order, Wishes Holiday 2014. For the past few years their holiday collections have been on point so I knew I had to order this one. Ironically the night before it released I went to bed wondering when their holiday collection would be out and voila, the next morning they made the press release.

This collection consists of 6 polishes, 3 are magical pixie dusts, 2 metallic and 1 cream. Check out a description of each after the jump.

Willa is your typical black creme. I used 2 coats here and it was fully opaque. I don't usually buy salon or high end brand polishes in black because it's something you can find in the drugstore fairly inexpensive and the formula is just as comparable. However I did have a black from either Zoya or OPI on my list so this came out just in time. The formula on this one was excellent, nice and creamy.

Prim is a metallic ice blue. You can somewhat see the brush strokes so I recommend applying this one with as little strokes as possible. The formula was a bit thin but easy to work with. Here I used 2 coats.

Haven is a metallic plum purple. This one too was a little thin but easy to work with. I found this one to not show the brush strokes as much as a metallic would. I used 2 coats for full opacity.

The last 3 are the magical pixie dusts. These are a spinoff from the original pixie dusts released last year but have more holographic chunkier glitters. When the magical pixies first released this year I purchased 2 and was not impressed. The colors and glitters were amazing but I found the formula to be too thick, lumpy and difficult to apply without dabbing the polish on your nail.  Since then I haven't purchased anymore magical pixies until this collection.

The 3 below basically have the same formula, easy to work with and full of beautiful holographic hex
glitters. However I was a little disappointed with how they dried compare to prior magical/pixie dusts. These all dried with a gloss. Some may call it a semi-matte but I beg to differ. When I applied topcoat it basically looked the same. And when I applied a matte top coat it took away the holographic effect. What a bummer! All in all I love the colors and they are unique to my collection. I just wish they dried more matte like the original pixie dusts.

Imogen is a black magical pixie dust with hex holo glitters. I wore this as a full manicure yesterday while doing some serious cooking and by the end of the night I had little to no chipping so I was impressed. I used 2 coats and no top coat.

I wanted to see how the polish would change if I added top coat and unfortunately there's not much of a difference. If you do want a glossier finish you'll have to add at least 2-3 top coats due to the gritty finish.

Thea is a plum magical pixie dust with hex holo glitters. The formula was great and I used 2 coats for the photo below.

I added a matte top coat and I do like the result but it does take away the holographic effect.

My favorite is Nori, a blue magical pixie dust with holo hex glitters. Again the formula was awesome and I used 2 coats for the photo below.

I also added a matte top coat even though it takes away the holo effect. Overall this was my favorite look from the whole collection.

My top picks are Nori (plus matte top coat) and Willa.
These are available now on Zoya's website for $10 each. You can purchase the 6 set for $57.


No comments:

Post a Comment