Friday, October 31, 2014

Pear Nova - Fall 2014

Happy Halloween! Today I'm thrilled to share with you the Fall 2014 collection from Pear Nova.

For those that have not heard of this brand it's a high end polish developed in Chicago which are all creme polishes. I ran across this brand on Instagram and one day decided to give them a try since cremes are my favorite finish. I certainly was not disappointed. These are the most creamy polishes I have ever tried. Most of them are fully opaque in just 1 coat and are super shiny!! Also I'm such a sucker for packaging. Each polish comes in a cute little pouch which I'll show in a picture below. It really says a lot when a business takes the time to provide a little something extra, giving exceptional customer service.

In all my swatches I did not use a top coat because one wasn't needed. However for a longer lasting manicure I'd recommend using one. The fall collection consists of 4 creme polishes. Check out a description of each after the jump.


Pilsen Lofts & Art Walks is a light grey creme. This is a great neutral for the fall, probably even better for winter. The formula was a little thick but super easy to work with and fully opaque in just 1 coat.

Boystown Blues is a cornflower blue creme. The formula was very similar to Pilsen Lofts & Art Walks and fully opaque in just 1 coat.

Jekyll & Hyde Park is a plum purple creme. The formula was amazing!! I never was a fan of dark colors but recently I've been digging these shades for the fall season. I used 2 coats for the photo below.

Oak Street Suite is a true army green. In the bottle you'd think this was a straight creme. I was pleasantly surprised to see a faint shimmer when applied on the nail. This one was my favorite from the collection. The formula was a dream to work with! I used 2 coats for full opacity.

I have never been to Chicago but if I had to take a guess this collection was inspired by the city. I loved the names of each polish. I also did a tape manicure using Boystown Blues and Pilsen Lofts & Art Walks shown below.

All of these polishes are 3 free. If you're looking for the perfect creme polish I highly recommend this brand. The Fall collection is available now on Pear Nova's site here and retail for $11.50 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment