Thursday, October 16, 2014

Illamasqua Raindrops

Good morning! Last post I forgot to mention I cut my nails very short due to a break. I'm not a fan of uneven nails and after I broke one on my Cinderella hand, it was awkward having one nub and 9 talons so off they went.

I mention the chop because I still have an arsenal of photos with my talons, like today's post, Illamasqua Raindrops. This is a polish I purchased over 1 year ago after lusting for it a long time. This polish was only available in Europe, was then discontinued and then re released with availability in the States.

It's a gorgeous light blue/gray jelly like with white flakes. The formula is a little thick but workable. It takes 2-3 coats for full opacity. This polish is beautiful, especially for fall and winter.



There is a sister version of this polish, pink raindrops. I purchased both at the same time and unfortunately do not have photos to share of the pink version. I have tried to swatch this polish on 2 separate occasions with no luck. Maybe I have a crappy bottle but the formula was thick and lumpy and impossible to work with. It's a shame because this is a high end polish that got a lot of hype. I haven't tried using thinner yet, my frustration wouldn't allow the patience.

I believe this polish is available still. I purchased mine at Sephora for $17.

No comments:

Post a Comment