Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Essie Dress To Kilt

Hey lacquered lovers! Today I'll be sharing Essie's fall collection, Dress to Kilt. The collection consists of 6 creme polishes and I'm loving them all. The consistency of each polish is very similar, creamy and nearly opaque in 1 coat. Check out each polish after the jump.

Dress To Kilt is a red creme. It takes 2 coats for full opacity. Even in 2 coats you can see some vnl. The formula was amazing and easy to work with.

Fall In Line is a muted green creme. I love this color!! It's almost opaque in 1 coat but I used 2 here. Colors like this are awesome for fall. It's almost reminiscent of Essie Sew Pysched which is another favorite of mine.

Take It Outside is a muted gray creme. This would make a great base for nail art. Again it's nearly opaque in 1 coat.

The Perfect Cover Up is a dark teal. This is my least favorite of the collection only because dark colors aren't usually my cup of tea. However the formula was awesome, opaque in just 1 coat.

Partner In Crime is a chocolate creme and opaque again in just one coat. The formula was amazing and easy to work with.

Lastly, Style Cartel is a navy creme. This was hands down my favorite and a shocker. As I said earlier darks aren't usually my favorite but there was something about this one that really stood out from the collection. It was super shiny without top coat, had a great formula and just opaque in one coat!

I know I may sound like a record on repeat but I was very impressed with the formulation on all of these polishes. I'm happy to see the improvements Essie has made over the past year with their polishes and will be looking forward to future collections.

This collection is now available at major drug stores and retail for $9 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment