Sunday, March 9, 2014

OPI Muppets Most Wanted

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend. Today's post is one I've been dying to share, OPI Muppets Most Wanted. OPI is my favorite mainstream brand and I get so excited when they release new collections.

This collection is being released with the upcoming Muppets movie. As a young child I was very much into The Muppets. The last collaboration OPI had with The Muppets was a huge success so I knew I wasn't going to miss out on this one. This collection comes with 8 polishes ranging from cremes to shimmers to glitters. Check out a description of each after the jump!
 
I Love Applause is a sheer baby pink creme. This color was very flattering and took 3 coats to be opaque but I'm in love!


Miss Piggy's Big Number is an iridescent almost metallic blue. The first coat was very sheer and I thought I wouldn't like it. However when I applied the second coat it became fully opaque. You can somewhat see brush strokes so be careful with application. I think it would look even better with a matte topcoat but I forgot to apply it before taking it off.


Muppets World Tour is a silver based glitter with small fuchsia and blue hex glitters with smaller white hex glitters. I loved everything about this polish and can easily seeing it as being a favorite of the year. This glitter is opaque on its own in about 2-3 coats but can also be used as a topper. For the photos below I used 1 coat over Pearnova Pink Is The Flavor ( I will soon be doing a blog post on Pearnova) but the ring finger has 3 coats of Muppets World Tour alone.


Chillin Like A Villain is a peachy nude cream. It was opaque in 3 coats here. Formula wise it was good and a favorite of mine from this collection.


Int'l Crime Caper is a pearlescent shimmer with pink and blue shimmers. I don't usually go for colors as this but this was another surprise favorite. The photos show 4 coats and you can still see VNL. This is the type of polish where if I'd applied more it would still not be opaque but I didn't really care here.


Let's Do Anything We Want is a clear based glitter with baby pink hexes, large and small white square glitters. I wasn't a big fan of this glitter, I'm not too much into square glitters. Here I used 1 coat over Int'l Crime Caper.



Gaining Mole-Mentum is a glitter in clear base with rose gold and yellow gold shards. I also caught a couple of bar glitters, I don't know of that was a fluke or what. Initially I didn't think I would like it that much but it was ok I guess. I used one coat over Chillin Like A Villian.


Kermit Me To Speak is a duochrome that shifts from pink to tan. I'm not a big lover of duochromes but this one really shocked me. The duochrome was very strong and this was also one of my favorites. 




Overall I'm very pleased with this collection. Applications  wise it was of ease which is why I love OPI so much. My favorites were I Love Applause, Muppets World Tour, Kermit Me To Speak and Chillin Like A Villain. These are now available at Sally's Beauty or Ulta and retail for $9 each.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Chillan Like a Villain, i need to have it!! Great swatches girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes that was a fav of mine too! So creamy!!

      Delete