Monday, March 3, 2014

China Glaze City Flourish - Pollen In Love

Happy Monday! Today I have my remaining picks from the China Glaze City Flourish collection, Pollen In Love. I picked 4 out of the 6 from Sally's Beauty last week because they were buy one get one free!
The formula on each of these are again pretty much the same as my review of the others from this collection. Most of them were streaky, chalky and not self leveling. This is pretty much typical from China Glaze summer/spring collections. What always gravitates me to them still knowing this are their colors. I think the little extra work is well worth the color payoff.

Thistle Do Nicely is a true neon pink. It dries matte so a top coat is needed (unless you like a matte finish). The formula was not as bad to deal with. This one reminded me of other popular neons from China Such as Pool Party or Flip Flop Fantasy. Below is 2 coats with top coat.


Metro Pollen-Tin is a yellow orange creme. It's a lot more orange in person than shown here. Application was chalky and a bit streaky. A good top coat will even it out well. In the photos are 2 coats plus top coat.


 Grass Is Lime Greener is a creme bright green. The formula again was streaky and not the best working with however it's the best lime green I own so I'll deal with it. The photos show 2 coats plus top coat. 


What A Pansy is a creme purple. It was a bit squishy like, leaning towards a jelly but it's a creme. This one was hands down the best formula of the entire collection. The photos show 2 coats plus no top coat.


I used 3 of  of the colors, What A Pansy, Grass Is Lime Greener and Metro Pollen-Tin for a fun summer gradient. It's topped with Polish Me Silly Clowning Around.


The City Flourish collection is now out in Sally's beauty and buy one get one free for the entire month of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment