Sunday, February 16, 2014

KBShimmer - Valentine's Day 2014 Trio

Hey guys! I know Valentine's day is over but I have one last V Day related post to share with you all.

KBShimmer is definitely my favorite indie brand! I love how consistent her formula is, never failing to give that perfect application. I also appreciate her customer service. Rarely does she announce a restock enabling easy access to her site. Also you never have to worry about polish selling out. She's truly an example of how all indie makers should be.

Anywho, she released a trio for the holiday which included a holo, glitter and crelly polish.

First is Whole Lava Lovin'. It's a red/magenta linear holo that is very strong. I'm not a big fan of red polish but this one definitely has some pink undertones so I love that about it. Here I used 2 coats plus top coat. Formula wise application on this was the best of the 3.



Next is Falling For Hue which is a crelly (mix between creme and jelly finish) polish. The glitters in here are a mix of red, pink and fuchsia hexagonal shapes. I think she does this formula the best! Usually chunky glitters like this are so thick and a pain to apply. But this one is kind of streaky on the first coat. This is not a complaint in terms of chunky glitters. You'll need a good 3 coats though to get it opaque and that's what I used in the photo below, plus top coat. 


Lastly is U Rock My Heart. This polish is loaded with multiple glitter shapes including hearts, stars, circles, hexes and shreds which are all black and neon pink in a clear base. Polishes like these can sometimes be tricky to apply but this one wasn't that bad. I did have to dip the brush in the bottle a few times to make sure I got a mix of all the shapes. Turning the bottle upside down 30 minutes before you apply is sometimes helpful with this. In the photo below I used just one coat over Essie To Buy Or Not Buy plus top coat. 


A couple weeks ago I did some nail art with this glitter topper.  In this gradient I used Butter London Teddy Girl, Polish My Life You Love Me and You Rock My Heart. The studs were purchased from eBay. 

 

This trio is still available at KBShimmer.com and retail for $8.75 individually. The whole set is $24 and comes in a KBShimmer box.


No comments:

Post a Comment