Monday, February 17, 2014

China Glaze City Flourish - Peonies & Park Ave

Hi everyone! Today I'm excited to share with you China Glaze's newest collection for Spring 2014, City Flourish. The collection has 12 polishes in total. Like other previous collections, China Glaze gives you the option of buying a set of 6, separated into two packs. Of course you can purchase each individually, however I find buying a pack of six more cost efficient (said this polish addict). The 2 sets in this collection are Peonies & Park Ave and Pollen In Love.

I opted on half the collection, Peonies & Park Ave which has mainly pastel cremes. In my experience China Glaze doesn't have the best formulas, especially with their Spring and Summer collections. However they have some great colors so in my eyes a little more attention to application is well worth it.

This collection is no different. I will say the formulas are not the best, but there certainly have been more worse. For the most part, all of these polishes shown have the same consistency, chalky and streaky. It took me forever to apply these babies. I found that waiting about 5-7 minutes between applying each coat while applied thin goes a long way. In each photo 2 coats plus top coat was used. Also ALL of these polishes need a very good top coat. None are self leveling, some worse than others, even with a top coat.

So without further ado onto the polish!

First up is At Case Value, a pastel blue. This polish was a little streaky on the first coat but once the second is applied it was opaque. Again a good top coat will make it level out good. This was one of my favorites.



Second is Lotus Begin, a purple creme. This one was thin and watery like. Again streaky on the first coat but looks fab with 2 plus top coat. Loved this one!


Next is In A Lily Bit - LOVE! It's a lilac creme. This was a surprise favorite from the collection for me. It was also a little streaky on the first application but worked out well with a 2nd plus top coat. Did I mention how much I loved his one?!?!


Next is Spring In My Step, a very pale pink creme. This one was very watery and extremely streaky. It was my least favorite of the collection because of the color payoff. It's just not for me.  Some nails even required a 3rd coat. And even after top coat was applied some nails didn't level out nicely.


Peonies & Park Ave had the best application of the 6. It's a bright pink creme. It's got a somewhat rubbery matte finish so it definitely needs top coat, unless you like it matte. I will definitely be using this on my toes all summer.


Lastly Petal To The Metal is a coral creme. This one had the worst formula. It's was so thick even thinner didn't help. Because of this it was also one of my least favorites.


Overall I did enjoy the pastels of this collection, At Case Value, Lotus Begin and In a Lily Bit. Patience with application plus a good top coat is highly recommended for this collection.

I purchased these on transdesign.com for $19.50 but they are now sold out. They are also available at beyondpolish.com or eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment