Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wet N Wild Silver Lake Limited Edition Spring 2015 Swatches & Review

A couple weeks ago I went to Walgreens to browse the latest Spring collections. To my lovely surprise I spotted these beauties. The Wet N Wild Silver Lake collection consists of 6 very springy pastel shades. If you aren't familiar with this line it's from the mega last line which are very inexpensive at your local drugstore or dollar store. The brush is flat and wide which works very well with my nail bed.

This collection is limited edition so I recommend grabbing them quickly. I'm a sucker for pastels and this collection did not disappoint. Check out a description of each polish below.

Reject The Mainstream is a lilac creme.  The formula was phenomenal and I used 2 coats.

Wear Skinny Jeans is a baby blue creme.  In the bottle you can see a hint of shimmer which does not translate to the nail. I used 2 easy coats. This is very reminiscent of Essie Bikini So Teeny.

Tree Hugger is a pastel green creme. Another amazing bottle of perfection. I used 2 easy coats.

Stream Of Consciousness is a sheer light pink shimmer. The formulas was ok but it took 3 coats as shown here (an extra coat wouldn't have hurt). When I first looked at the collection this is the one I thought that didn't belong. After swatching it I see where they were going with this one, almost like a palette  cleanser.

Warm Filter is a coral creme. The formulas was great and took 2 coats for opacity.

A Latte Love is a nude creme. Outstanding! I loved the name on this one too. The formula was another stunner, needing only 2 coats.

This collection is a must for pastel lovers. These $1.99 polishes easily match to salon brands as far as formula and consistency. They are so creamy, self leveling and overall the best bang for your buck.

Hurry up and check out your local Walgreens before these are no longer available! My favorites are all of them and I'm sure they will be my go to polishes for this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment