Friday, September 19, 2014

OPI Gwen Stefani 18k Gold Flake Top Coat - Don't Speak

Happy Friday! Today I have a swatch from OPI's newest 18k gold top coat, Don't Speak. This was just released as part of the holiday collection from Gwen Stefani. The collection is jam packed with 18 shades inspired by Gwen's edgy, sophisticated style.

This is the only polish I've purchased so far from the holiday 2014 collection. When I saw it I knew I had to have it! The Man With The Golden Gun from the James Bond collection is my favorite polish of all time (yes strong statement I know!). Both polishes are very similar except TMWTGG is a flake top only. Don't Speak is slightly different as it has a gold shimmer to it along with smaller gold flakes. Don't Speak slightly changes the color of the polish due to its shimmer so it would probably look best over darker colors.

In the photo below I layered just one coat over OPI I Sing In Color.



Don't Speak is much easier to work with than TMWTGG. One coat goes a long way on the nail. It's no surprise I love this polish too. I do prefer TMWTGG because of the larger flakes and it is truly a clear base and doesn't alter the color of the underlying polish as this one does.

I'm not sure when this will be available in stores. I purchased mine on eBay for $24.50. If you missed out on TMWTGG I would highly recommend picking this up ASAP. I'm sure this will be limited edition and sold out quickly. I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment