Thursday, September 18, 2014

Essie Haute In The Heat - Summer 2014

Better late than never right? I know the summer is now at an end, but today I want to share swatches of Essie's Summer collection, Haute In The Heat.

I actually have been holding on to this entire collection all summer. When I first saw the colors, they didn't scream summer to me. They looked more appropriate for Autumn. Another reason I held off on swatching these was due to my love/hate relationship with Essie. Lately their colors have been great, but the inconsistency of the formulas were a huge turn off.  I actually told myself I wouldn't purchase anymore Essie but of course the addict in me wouldn't allow that.

Much to my amaze, ALL of the formulas in this line were phenomenal! Check out each description after the jump.

Strut Your Stuff is a medium blue creme. Shown here is 2 coats with no top coat. I loved this color, but nothing really unique. Also this one stained a little so I would recommend a good base coat.

Haute In The Heat is a pink/red cream. This one is the namesake of the collection and turned out to be my favorite. It was so creamy and squishy, love!!! Shown here is 2 coats and no top coat.

Roarrrange is an orange cream. Again nothing too unique but it had a great formula and I loved the color. Shown here is 2 coats.

Fierce, No Fear is your typical neutral brown. This is such a staple color. I love to wear colors like this for business trips or when I go to the office. Shown here again in 2 coats with no top coat.

Urban Jungle is an off white cream. This is the only one which needed 3 coats on some nails due to bald spots.

Lastly is Ruffles & Feathers, a green creme. I loved his color but it did stain a little bit also. Shown here is 2 coats.

My picks from this collection are Haute In The Heat and Ruffles & Feathers.  I'm all of these are available at many drugstores and retail for $9 per bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment