Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Zoya Magical Pixie Dust

Hi everyone! Today I'll be sharing some new polishes I recently received from Zoya.

Check out each polish on its own with my review below the photo.

Ever since their release of the pixie dust line I fell in love!! Because of these pixie dusts, Zoya has become one of my favorite mainstream polish brands. For anyone not familiar with the pixie dust line, it's their take on textured polish. In my opinion pixie dusts are the best textured polish in that they have the most beautiful sparkle and glitters in them while still maintaining that matte, textured finish.

Recently Zoya has released a new formulation of the pixie dust, Magical Pixie dust, which contains a bunch of holographic chunky glitters in a textured base. The formula on both I'm going to show is exactly the same. Applying the first coat was very easy, however once the second coat applies the polish turns all goopy and very thick, mainly due to those chunky glitters. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy either of these polishes because of this. With trial and error, I tried applying just one thick coat but it still didn't work.

Both photos below have 2 coats with no top coat.

Zoya describes Lux as a rose quartz with hex particles


Zoya describes Vega as a blue opal with hex holo  particles


Both of theses are just eh to me. They are gorgeous to look at the in bottle but on the nail it looks like a clumpy mess. I probably won't purchase anymore if other colors come out in this Magical Pixie Dust line. I still have love for Zoya and am looking forward to their annual Earth Day promotion in April.

Zoya Magical Pixie Dust are available at Zoya.com and retail for $10 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment